What is Transformational Ministry?
- A two-year process known as CONNECT between we of New Hope, the Indiana-Kentucky Synod and the ELCA.
- A way for we at New Hope to discern, renew and move to God’s future for us.
- A challenging, hope-filled and exciting adventure.
What does CONNECT entail?
- Every individual who feel part of New Hope is a member of Transformational Ministry or CONNECT.
- It is developed and conceptualized by our own New Hope Transformational Ministry Leadership Team.
- It is a lifelong and ever changing process for New Hope and each individual connected here.
- It is about being intentional.
- It is about experimentation and taking risks.
- It is about not being afraid to fail.
- It will bring renewal to New Hope and each individual connected here.
What are we growing towards?
- Understanding what God’s purpose is for New Hope in the Monticello Community and the world beyond.
- Being willing to change for the sake of living out the Gospel.
- Sharing leadership among all who are connected to New Hope.
What are we currently working on?
- Discerning each of our individual missions given to us by God.
- Understanding our individual calls, purposes and guiding principles.
- Understanding Transformational Ministry and its guiding principles.
- Learning to be Church in the world.
- Bringing our faith to where we live and work.
What are key practices to help us perform Transformational Ministry?
- Intentionally engage in dialogue with God in daily prayer, devotion and reflection. (See Philippians 4:6)
- Intentionally dwell in the Word of God through daily Bible study. (See Matthew. 28:19-20)
- Actively seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit in daily activities. (See John 14:26)
Actively look for, recognize and acknowledge the hand of God in our daily lives. (See Psalm 46:1)